Minister for peace Binalf Andualem in Canada
4. While America is putting visa restrictions and sanctions on parties to the conflict, Canada is allowing a genocidal Govt leader like Binalf Andualem on our land. #TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters https://www.reuters.com/world/us-condemns-ethiopias-expulsion-un-officials-could-apply-sanctions-2021-09-30/
7. @liberal_party should demand that humanitarian corredor’s be open in #Tigray if meeting with @MoP_Ethiopia is scheduled. Millions on #Tigray|an lives are at this risk. @MarcGarneau @karinagould @ianrmyles @WFP_Canada @NDP #TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters https://www.npr.org/2021/09/20/1038858345/i-just-cry-dying-of-hunger-in-ethiopias-blockaded-tigray-region
2. The biggest recipient of Canadian development assistance is the government of Ethiopia! When @MoP_Ethiopia is on Canadian land will you @CanadianPM tell Andualem that it’s peace or no financial assistance from 🇨🇦 ? #TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters https://springmag.ca/message-to-trudeau-stop-canadas-support-for-the-war-on-tigray
5. Why is @MoP_Ethiopia in Canada? Canadians know that mining during Genocide and profit while people die is not supporting ☮️! 🇨🇦 must stop doing business with the @PMEthiopia @HRWcanada @HRWcanada @GAC_Corporate @MarcGarneau #TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-canadian-miners-pursue-prospects-in-war-torn-tigray/
8. The 🌍 is outraged at what is taking place in #Tigray @JustinTrudeau, Canadians are outraged and must remind @MoP_Ethiopia 🇨🇦 is a country that values human rights! We must say no to the Minister of war not peace! @CBCNews #TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters https://twitter.com/tigrayfirst07/status/1449338376788877314?s=21
6. 7 @UN worker expelled by @PMEthiopia is this what @MoP_Ethiopia thinks supports ✌🏾? Canada must not follow this lead, rather the lead of our friends America 🇺🇸, United kingdom 🇬🇧, Ireland 🇮🇪 and more @liberal_party @erinotoole #TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/ethiopia-kicks-out-7-united-nations-officials-amid-pressure-deadly-n1280461
9. God have mercy’: Tigray residents describe life under siege by Cara Anna tells a story of unspeakable crimes against humanity! We need @CanadianPM to stand with Canadians advocating to help the Innocent people in Ethiopia.#TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters https://apnews.com/article/africa-health-religion-united-nations-only-on-ap-a772602d2caac96e8024769c012ce8c6
11. .@AbiyAhmedAli, boldly lied to @BBCWorld & said that "There's no hunger in Tigray" amid the worst humanitarian crisis❗️
All 🇪🇹govt. officials, including Binalf Andualem, only mimic this denial & shouldn't be allowed in Canada.
14. The link emerging between Canadian mining interests in Tigray and Canada’s ongoing support for the Ethiopian govt., is only intensified by the presence of Ethiopia's New Minister of Peace in Canada. @MarcGarneau @MichaelChongMP
6. In a country so mired in corruption, we can be certain #Ethiopia's newly appointed @MoP_Ethiopia was selected only to carry through with @AbiyAhmedAli's agenda of exterminating millions in Tigray.
@JustinTrudeau @jhrnews @NDP
12. The @JustinTrudeau govt. should amplify the plight of millions suffering in darkness through the man-made famine imposed on Tigray by the 🇪🇹 govt. instead of engaging with the dishonest @MoP_Ethiopia. @MarcGarneau @RightsGAC
Impact of Tigray Genocide and call to action for Canada’s leaders
1. When will @Canada take a necessary action to #StopTigrayFamine? There are credible reports of people dying of starvation & children being severely malnourished. #TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters @karinagould @JustinTrudeau @MarcGarneau @rpatricktravers
4. In #Tigray, children are at the greatest risk of malnutrition. As the war continues, more infants are at risk of starvation due to Ethiopian regime’s blockade of Tigray.
#StopTigrayFamine #TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters @JustinTrudeau @MarcGarneau @mary_ng
7. Abiy has 2 objectives in Tigray.
1: to starve the population either into subjugation or out of existence.
2: to do that without attracting the global opprobrium.~@SirMarkLowcock
#TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters @MarcGarneau @rpatricktravers @SvenTrueNorth
2. "The question is no longer whether there is famine in Tigray, but how many people will starve to death before it is stopped." What will it take for @JustineTrudeau to realize #TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters too? @mary_ng @marcisurkes @MarcGarneau @ianrmyles
5. According to @WHO, ~63% of pregnant & lactating women in #Tigray are suffering from malnutrition. #StopTigrayFamine #TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters @rpatricktravers @MarcGarneau @karinagould @SvenTrueNorth @SenBoehm @MarieHlneCt2 @ianrmyles @JustinTrudeau
8. "More than 20% of displaced children were acutely malnourished in August. A recent survey reported by the UN indicated 79% of pregnant & nursing mothers were in the same state." #StopTigrayFamine #TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters
6. 'God have mercy': Interviews and internal documents reveal the most detailed picture yet of life under government blockade in Ethiopia's Tigray region. #StopTigrayFamine #TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters @karinagould @MarcGarneau @BobRae48 @stejobin @mary_ng
9. Tigray Advocacy Canada calls on @JustinTrudeau to stop Canada’s support for the war on Tigray. #TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters @MarcGarneau @cafreeland @SvenTrueNorth @MichaelChongMP @SenBoehm @MarieHlneCt2 @MarieHlneCt2 @erinotoole @theJagmeetSingh
1. "In Ayder hospital in Mekelle city, 18 people, including one child, died due to lack of hemodialysis catheters. The lives of 34 patients are at risk unless dialysis supplies are not provided immediately." #TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters @BobRae48 @MarcGarneau
4. Tigray has been facing:
🔺Siege (humanitarian blockade)
🔺Total communication blackout
🔺No banking services (lack of cash)
🔺Severe fuel shortage
@JustinTrudeau ACT NOW to put an end to #StopTigrayFamine. #TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters
7. ".@JustinTrudeau’s gov has continued to provide financial support to the Ethiopian government, which stands accused of atrocities and helping to spur the world’s worst famine crisis in a decade."
#TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters @MarcGarneau @erinotoole
2. “It is past time for our gov’t to take concrete action to end the atrocities. @Canada’s ongoing financial support to a genocidal regime in Ethiopia must not be tolerated by the Canadian public or our elected officials.” #TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters
5. "It’s not just an attempt to starve 6 million people, but an attempt to cover up what's going on." @JustinTrudeau’s @liberal_party must ACT to save lives now! #TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters @MarcGarneau @MichaelChongMP @MarieHlneCt2 @CTVNews @CBCPolitics
8. “If Prime Minister @JustinTrudeau wants to bring Canada’s compassionate and constructive voice back to the world stage, this is the time to do so.”
#TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters @MarcGarneau @Mary_ng @SvenTrueNorth @SenBoehm @MarieHlneCt2 @karinagould
6. “Canada’s response to the humanitarian catastrophe in #Tigray appears to be guided by one overwhelming concern: protect Canadian mining interests, even if this comes at the expense of millions of lives.”
9. “Why has Canada not joined the United States and other allies in taking concrete steps to help stop the suffering and death of countless innocent people whose only crime is being ethnic Tigrayans?”
#TigrayCanadianVoiceMatters @JustinTrudeau @MarcGarneau